COVID-19 Safety Message: Visit our practice with confidence your safety is our top concern.
Dr. Z Smiles offices have reopened for patient treatment with new COVID-19 safety protocols in place for the safety of our patients and team members.
Before reopening, our entire team was led through our new COVID-19 protocols and updated on any new control recommendations made by the ADA and CDC. Patient safety is our top priority and we look forward to welcoming you back under our new COVID-19 patient care protocols.
Our office protocols follow the infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We regularly monitor news from these agencies so that we are up to date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. Doing this makes sure our infection control procedures are the best in the industry and ensures our patient care is both safe and comfortable.
Dr. Z Smiles Protocols & Sanitation Technology
While our offices space has always featured the latest in sanitation and hands-free technology, we have implemented a few new policies and facility upgrades to help keep patients safe. All Dr. Z Smiles employees will be required to wear masks and shields during patient care. We have also installed a sneeze guard at the front check in desk for added staff and client protection. Patient common areas such as the check in desk countertop, waiting room and bathroom are cleaned regularly throughout the day.
On top of our new office protocols our entire dental office was built to be hands free and self-cleaning well before COVID-19. The faucets and soap dispensers in each treatment room are motion censored to eliminate points of contact. Our state-of-the-art treatment chairs are also self-sanitizing and water lines and upholstery are sanitized between patients.
Our offices uses hands free technology and the latest dental equipment to provide the highest level of patient care no matter the circumstance.
Our Patient Safety Treatment Procedure
Along with our safety equipment we have also put in place a COVID-19 patient care procedure to provide the safest most enjoyable dental appointment possible. The treatment procedure follows a basic five step process that our friendly dental staff will guide you through during your next visit.
- Upon Arriving for your appointment please call before coming into the office. We will notify you when we are ready to check you in. We also ask that you wear a mask when coming into the office.
- When ready one of our friendly front desk staff members will ask you a few screening questions related to COVID-19 and take your temperature.
- After you go through this basic screening you will enter the front office door which is open to eliminate unnecessary contact with door handles.
- You will then check in as normal and be asked to use the hand sanitizer just to the right of the main door or to wash your hands. We will also ask you to rinse with 1% hydrogen peroxide to reduce viral/bacterial load before being seated in one of our treatment rooms
- Your mask may be removed at this time and your dental treatment will proceed as usual. When your treatment is finished you may exit the office wearing your mask and use the hand sanitizer on the way out.